IMTCA Trail Challenge
Photo courtesy: Jessica Roslan
IMTCA Mountain Trail Challenges
May 18, 2019
August 11, 2019
Check back for more information about this year's events!
We're looking forward to hosting two IMTCA sanctioned competitions in 2019 where members can earn points towards year end awards and qualifying for the regional championships to be held at Creek Side Horse Park in September.
NEW for 2019:
- Pre-entries will only be available through on-line registration to streamline the entry and scheduling process.
- We're going to try to SCHEDULE RIDE TIMES FOR THOSE WHO PRE-ENTER. Post entries may be limited will go at the beginning of their level.
- Times will be available Thursday before the competition
- The Order of go will be dependent on the entries received. In hand classes will run before mounted classes.
- Course schooling will be available the morning of the competition from 6:00am - 8:00am
- Novice: defined as the first year the handler/rider is competing trail obstacles in any organized trail or cowboy race competitions.
- Youth: Any rider age 6 to 17. If entries warrant classes will be split 6-12 and 13 - 18
- Adult: Riders 18 years and over
- Open: Open to all riders except Novice.
- Trainers: Anyone who is paid to train or give lessons, can onlyenter OPEN classes
- Junior Horse: Any horse 6 months to 5 years old. This is an OPEN division.
- Lead Line: Handler on the ground, horse on lead with person in the saddle. Open to riders of any age requiring to be led. Will ride the Novice pattern.
- Novice: Walking over obstacles with a lesser degree of difficulty than Level 1
- Level 1: Training, walk only, in hand or riding
- Level 2: Intermediate, walk and trot in hand and riding 180 & 360 degree turn on some obstacles.
- Level 3: Masters, walk, trot, and canter, 180 & 360 degree turns on some obstacles.
- Each rider / horse combo can enter up to 2 levels
- Novice - Level 1
- Level 1 - Level 2
- Level 2 - Level 3
- Novice riders may NOT ride in any Level 2 or Level 3 class
- Trainers can ONLY enter Open or Money classes
- All horses staying overnight MUST be in a stall, PLEASE: no horses in paddocks or tied to trailers overnight
- NO BEDDING provided but available for purchase
- Stalls must be stripped.
- A separate $25 stall clean deposit is required unless paying for the stall cleaning service. Check will be destroyed if stall left stripped
- A stall cleaning service is available for $10 (Stall deposit is not required)
- Adult $20.00/class pre-entry, $25.00/class show day.
- Youth: $15.00/class pre-entry, $20.00/class show day
- Course Schooling: $25/horse, the day before competition AND Saturday until 8:00AM
- $60 weekend (2 nights)
- $45 overnight
- $25 day
- Stall cleaning service: $10/stall. Stalls
- Tack stalls (if available) $20
- Shavings: $7/bag
- Straw $4/bale
For more information on Mountain Trail go the International Mountain Trail Association’s website. We will be following the IMTCA Rules & will be using IMTCA Judges. Check out the links for the IMTCA Rulebook and Judge Reference 2018.
The Trail Challenges
Below is a flyer for the Challenges, and link to entry forms and a link to an on-line sign up. On-line pre-entry is preferred and it saves you money & the chance to win a free schooling. Be sure to follow Stone Gate Farm on Face Book for updates
Link to Printable Challenge Flyer = comincg soon
Entry form for post entries - coming soon