Cross Country Decorations
Cross Country Decorations
2019 Stone Gate Farm Horse Trials
Click on Log In to sign up!
Cross Country Course Decorating
2018 STONE GATE HORSE TRIALS COURSE DECORATION
You are invited to take part in the Cross Country Jump Decorating. A fun way for the Intercollegiate teams, Pony Clubs or stables to display their team spirit or simply friends and individuals having some fun while tapping into their creative side. Use flowers, ferns or other items to create a theme or simply make your fences look great.
We are using the Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP) sign up so you can log volunteer hours towards volunteer awards. When you get to the sign up, go to the Friday before the competition to sign up (you may come on a different day but I had to choose one for the signup). choose the fences you would like to decorate. Cross country maps can be found on the Stone Gate Farm Horse Trials page. Please read the rules and guidelines before registering.
Questions??? Contact Jackie via at Jackie@stonegatefarm.org or call/test 330-277-6964
- Decorations may be put up the week before the event and MUST be completed by Friday before the event. Fences in the pasture won’t be available for decoration until Thurs evening as the horses turned out may destroy them. You may bring the decorations out earlier in the week and we’ll find a safe spot for them
- Entrants are to provide their own decorations which should be picked up by the end of the competition or as soon as possible after the event.
- Management will water plants brought earlier in the week.
GUIDELINES FOR DECORATING CROSS COUNTRY FENCES:
- Plants/Decorations must be safe and not interfere with the fence
- No flags of any sorts may be used. Banners are allowed but must be secured and on the back side of the fence
- Plants/Decorations should enhance the fence not take away from it or ‘hide’ any portion of the fence
- The back side of spread fences must be visible where the horse is expected to jump
- Nothing sharp may be used
- If using decorations that are solid nothing may be used that has holes or openings that could ‘accommodate’ a hoof
- Nothing may be used that a horse may become entangled or impeded (wire, mesh, string etc.)
- Plants/Decorations on the landing side of the fence must not extend more than 12” – 18” past the fence
- Narrow fences aka ‘skinnies’ may not have anything higher than 18” nor extend to the sides more than 18”
- Signs of logos, farm names, companies etc may be used but must not be larger than 3’ x 3’