Winter Lesson Series
March 23 - 24
All lessons will be held outside at Stone Gate Farm in the limestone jumping ring. Participants and warm up or lunge in the lower ring.
Please park in the stabling area. The schedule will be on a clipboard just below the lock box at the east end of the small barn near the water tank. If you pay by cash be sure to indicate that on the schedule. Grace, Sadie, Stephanie, and Michelle, you may use any stalls but please lave them clean.
It's going to be chilly in the morning, so plan accordingly!
The popular Winter Lesson Series actually started the last weekend of December because there will only be ONE lesson in January, the 12th – 13th. For the months of February and March the lessons will be the 2nd and 4th weekends. The Saturday lessons will be at His Way Farm and the Sunday lessons will be at Pure Gold Stables on the following dates:
- Jan 12 – 13
- February 9 – 10
- February 23 – 24
- March 9 – 10
- March 23 – 24
- In order to give everyone a fair chance at getting a spot we will ONLY accept registrations 1 month at a time and they will have a specific opening date.
- The January Sign Up will be available at 9:00 PM on Jan 1st
- February and March sign ups will be available the 4th Saturday of the month at 9:00 PM, so mark your calendars and don’t miss your opportunity.
- February Lessons – January 26
- March Lessons – February 24
- You may sign up for stalls at the same time as you sign up for lessons or add them later. However stalls are extremely limited at His Way Farm as the barn is full and it is dependent on the weather and horses being turned out. PLEASE leave the stalls clean!
- ALL participants MUST sign a release form (new one needed every year) before the lesson.
PLEASE READ the following BEFORE signing up.
- To fill out the form simply scroll down to the date and location that you are interested in and hit the SIGN UP button and the hit the SIGN UP & SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.
- A new page will pop up that will ask for your name, e-mail, phone number and comment. If you already have an account you simply need to log in.
- Groups will be put together based on compatibility and time constraints. Please be sure to include the following in the comment section in the following ORDER:
- level of horse/rider
- any time constraints or requests?
- trailering partner if applicable
- horse’s name ONLY if riding more than one horse
- indicate if you can ride on either Sat or Sun in case we have to move someone.
- If riding more than ONE horse, please register each horse separately, DO NOT hit the number in the quantity button
- Please make stall requests on the sign up so we can get an accurate number
- If all the spots a filled, sign up for the ‘wait list’ and check your e-mails or as spots often open up and we can fit you in.
After you have submitted your registration you may go back in and edit your submission at any time to change anything in the comment section, change the rider’s name, or delete the registration. All changes will be e-mailed directly to me to keep me up to date. There is no need to send me an additional e-mail.
- To edit your submission go back back to the confirmation e-mail and click on the Edit Sign Up tab which is on the lower left of the e-mail
- If you are signing up for someone else please use the drop down menu where you can add the name of the person participating and then click the Update button.
- If you are deleting your registration simply click on the Delete tab and then the Update button.
- I will start working on the schedule early to mid week before lessons, if you have any changes or requests please let me know ASAP as it is infinitely easier to manage those requests before I schedule.
- Due to multiple rides, people trailering partners and no one living nearby, trying to accommodate everyone’s scheduling requests is not always possible.
- The schedule will be finalized the Thursday before lessons and posted on the SGF Facebook page, on the SGF website as well as an e-mail reminder. Please confirm that you received the schedule. and that you are still planning on coming.
- If you need to scratch please delete your name from the list soon as you know so we can try to fill the spot with someone from the waiting list.
- Any withdrawals after the Thurs before the lesson will be expected to pay unless the spot can be filled from the wait list or unless the weather conditions are unsafe for travel.
- Lesson: $40 please make checks payable to Stone Gate LLC
- $10 @ His Way Farm (very limited)
- $25 @ Pure Gold Stables
Dates & Lesson Descriptions
December 29 & 30 – Developing Focus, Balance and more – This lesson will begin with flat work using HorsePhysio exercises designed to improve the rhythm, straightness and balance of the horse & rider through the use of ground pokes and cavaletti. The lesson will move forward to jumping which will be improved after working on the exercises …. at least that’s what we’ll be working towards
Jan 12 & 13 Gymnastics – there will be 3 different gymnastics set up with something for every rider and every horse no matter the level to help both rider and horse improve their jumping skills.
Feb 9 & 10: Developing Instincts of both the horse and rider – aka survival skills: this lesson will be similar to the first day at a Lucinda Green Clinic where a variety of unusual questions will be set up such as narrow faced fences, points, corners, interesting angles and distances where the rider will learn to ride the horse with the correct rhythm, energy, line and balance so the horse can figure out the answer to these questions. These skills are necessary for riding cross country courses successfully and safely. Even those riders who will never ride a cross country course, these exercises will help to develop the partnership between the horse and rider.
Feb 23 & 24: Course Work – riders will practice developing the ‘quality’ canter required to jump a course smoothly throughout. Both straight line bending lines practiced before putting it all together in courses. The courses will vary depending on the level of the horse and the rider.
March 9 &10: Combination Lesson which will have elements of the previous lessons depending on the needs of the horses and riders.
March 23 & 24 – Riders Choice – Participants can make requests for what they would like to do it this lesson
For those of you who have not had the opportunity to ride at ‘His Way Farm’ yet; I would like to share a couple links that will help you find your way and become familiar with this lovely facility: Google map and a clinic report with pics and video. As you can see from the pictures the arena is huge and the lounge very comfy. Please be sure to check out the Google map for His Way Farm before coming as it can be a little tricky.
Pure Gold Stables is another lovely facility that boasts a heated indoor and a lounge. Stalls are also available. More information on the facility and directions can be found on the Pure Gold website.
Payment may be made the day of the lesson via cash or check. There will be a large envelop for placing the payment. please indicate if you are paying by cash or check. Please make checks payable to Stone Gate LLC.
I’m looking forward to working with you and your horse. Here’s hoping the weather cooperates!